Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Test Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Test Engineer, are to:
- Be responsible for analysis of test system requirements to determine scope of required verification and/ or validation activities;
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of verification/validation strategy, protocols and reports at O’Hara site;
- Collaborate with Electrical and Software engineers in the Test Engineering group to determine appropriate verification and/or validation methodology for test system hardware and software;
- Review and provide input to ensure design and other documentation for test systems are complete and accurate;
- Author and execute IQ protocols ensuring tests systems are properly installed or updated in production;
- Ensure software and test systems used in manufacturing and processes adhere to Bayer’s quality system;
- Prioritize projects risks and tasks based on alignment with business needs which could change based on external factors;
- Provide input to evaluate, resolve, and lead cross functional communications on a broad range of technical issues impacting the O’Hara production site;
- Engage with and resolve moderately complex challenges constrained by regulated processes using interdisciplinary skills;
- Support Validation Risk Assessments, Validation Master Plan development as well as Test Method Validation, Software Validation, and Process Validation execution across multiple areas within O’Hara site;
- Provide advice and mentoring to less experienced engineers or technicians;
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems;
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives;
- Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions;
- Ensure accountability and consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least four years or practical work experience;
- At least two years of experience in verification/validation testing (Test Systems and/or Software Validation in a regulated environment);
- Working knowledge of software language / platform including Net (C#), C++, Lab view, and Teststand;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional manufacturing environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work well in fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate skill in both analysis of complex problems and synthesis of solutions;
- Working knowledge and proven skills on PC including Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science;
- Direct experience within the medical device industry (FDA Regulated) and ISO 13485, ISO 62304;
- Project management experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Pittsburgh Heilman
Reference Code: 399582
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional