At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Seeking highly motivated, innovative and talented Senior Scientist to join the Technology Innovation Team at Bayer Crop Science (BSC) - Plant Biotechnology. The Technology Innovation Team mission is to drive innovations and develop disruptive solutions toward establishing state-of-the-art discovery workflows and delivering new Mode of Actions / modalities for Plant Biotechnology products. This role enables unique opportunities to work in cutting edge science within an industrial setting and be involved in developing a broad range of new technologies with transformational potential that can be directly deployed to industrial pipeline. The position is located at the St. Louis, Missouri research site.
The primary responsibilities of this role Senior Scientist are to:
- Design and conduct proof of concept experiments in collaboration with internal or external partners in diverse fields such as molecular biology, protein engineering, gene editing, high throughput combinatorial screening, display technologies, synthetic biology and others;
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, and/or trade secrets;
- Identify gaps in current workflows, scout for new opportunities and develop new applications and technologies that enable development of new traits and pipeline improvements;
- Design strategies to optimize product development and technical innovation;
- Apply state of the art know how to solve complex problems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with 4 or more years of experience OR Master's degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's degree with 10 or more years of relevant experience in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, Molecular Biology, or related scientific field;
- Experience in creative problem solving, finding new solutions and overcoming technical challenges;
- Future oriented, innovative mindset with demonstrated record of developing or implementing new ideas and technologies within a lab environment in a company or academic setting;
- Experience conducting research and contributing to research projects in diverse biological applications;
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and clearly communicate ideas/concepts and influence stakeholders without direct authority;
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience in biological applications such as: recombinant protein expression and purification, DNA encoded libraries, protein screening/evolution, microfluidics, single cell biology, assay development and/or equivalent related experience.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Visa Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position will be based in Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis area).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield || United States : Missouri : St. Louis|