Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Scientist (Medicinal Chemist), are to:
- Responsible for project goals throughout the discovery process;
- Identify compounds for the advancement of new active ingredients with high economic potential;
- Generate lead structures out of hits from internal or external compound libraries or by structure-driven approaches;
- Manage external compound synthesis projects;
- Work with collaboration partners and contract-research-organizations to efficiently achieve project milestones;
- Perform the evaluation of novel internal and external small molecule discovery technologies;
- Provide state-of-the-art techniques to lead generation and optimization processes (analytics, including physicochemical measurements, combinatorial and computational chemistry, separation techniques);
- Generate and secure IP for all projects;
- Build influence and cooperation with other research units and functions for all aspects of candidate characterization and information exchange;
- Ensure high safety standards and compliance.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or related field with at least 4+ years of relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience within an agrochemical, pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting OR Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience in medicinal chemistry within an agrochemical, pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting;
- Expert knowledge of classical and modern synthetic methods as well as modern tools in chemical research and pharmacokinetics;
- Profound research experience in organic chemistry or related disciplines, demonstrated by patent applications or publications in top tier journals;
- Ability to work in a cross disciplinary team environment with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Expertise in data visualization and analysis;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in agrochemical systems.
Relocation may be available for this role.
Sponsorship may be avialable for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 260384
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Professional