Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Scientist, are to:
- Independently design, conduct and interpret environmental exposure and drinking water assessments for BCS products in accordance with EPA (United States) and PMRA (Canadian) regulatory modelling methods, from baseline assessments to high tier investigations;
- Evaluate field and laboratory environmental fate study results to derive quantitative degradation kinetics using North American and European regulatory methodologies;
- Evaluate field runoff, leaching, dissipation, spray drift, volatilization and similar studies with regard to chemical fate and transport for purposes of refining exposure assessments;
- Serve as a member of Product Asset Teams by contributing exposure results for strategic decision making to guide business development of BCS active ingredients;
- Interact with senior management for key projects;
- Remain current with technical advances in regulatory exposure modeling and actively seeking ways to bring innovation to EPA and PMRA exposure assessments;
- Participate in industry workgroups focused on technical aspects of exposure assessment.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study with at least 10 years of experience or Master's degree in a related field of study with at least eight years of experience or Ph.D. in a related field of study such as agricultural and chemical engineering, hydrology, soil science, atmospheric science, etc., with a at least four years of experience;
- Expert understanding of environmental fate processes of crop protection products and their implementation in exposure modeling;
- Strong knowledge of modern agricultural practices as related to pesticide placement and movement;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and constructive interactions and information sharing with other Research and Development functions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interact with, support, and build relationships with all levels of management;
- Ability to lead technical teams or workgroups internally and externally focused on exposure and risk assessment;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed, up to 10%.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 216681
Functional Area: Biochemical R&D
Entry Level : Professional