Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Research Scientist- Occupational & Residential Exposure & Risk Assessment
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Research Scientist, are to:
- Manage the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of product-related non-dietary exposure/risk information and strategies;
- Conduct deterministic and probabilistic non-dietary exposure/risk assessments to support new and existing product registrations;
- Manage the planning, design and conduct of non-dietary exposure studies ensuring high quality, cost effectiveness and compliance with scientific and regulatory standards;
- Assess strengths/weaknesses of non-dietary safety positions for BCS products and advise on management strategies to minimize negative impacts on product registrations, sales and profitability;
- Lead cross-functional human safety assessment teams;
- Support efforts to influence regulatory policies on non-dietary exposure and human safety ensuring that principles of sound science and risk-based decision making are employed;
- Be an active and contributing member of the cross-functional BCS North American and Global Human Safety team.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least ten years of relevant experience in industrial hygiene or a related science OR Master of Science with at least eight years of relevant experience in industrial hygiene or a related science OR Ph.D. with at least four years of relevant experience in industrial hygiene or a related science;
- Ability to conduct multiple, complex scientific projects and lead/direct inter-departmental research projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Established, effective networks within an external technical community in an area related to agricultural and occupational exposure and risk assessment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment;
- Ability to participate and lead internal and external / industry technical teams focused on non-dietary exposure and risk assessment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 313705
Functional Area: Chemical R&D
Entry Level : Professional