Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Production Specialist mRNA DAY SHIFT
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Production Specialist mRNA, are to:
- Be responsible for all aspects of vaccine development and start-up in the following areas, plasmid linearization, and large scale HPLC technology;
- Work seamlessly across all areas and will be an Subject Matter Expert (SME) for upstream or downstream processes;
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPIs) with support from Tech Transfer (TT), Project Engineers (PE) and Project team leads, ensure all project activities are performed to schedule;
- Collaborate actively with TT and PE to assist in start-up and process development, train and master tasks associated with new experimental platform process, new equipment qualifications, and start-up activities;
- Provide input for new processes and assist in the creation of new procedures to support product development and start-up;
- Understand, communicate, and escalate clearly, issues dealing with documentation, sample handling, automation and compliance for different phases of project start-up;
- Manage, handle and troubleshoot Single Use Technology (SUT);
- Execute and control area of responsibility in vaccine development and start-up using data trending and /or statistical process control;
- Provide input for complex business processes per the project timeline including commissioning and IOPQ, and start-up readiness;
- Work with new experimental mRNA technology to execute tasks for start-up activities;
- Able to function in rapidly changing environment and comfortable with ambiguous project targets, willing to work varied schedules and extended hours when needed to meet project timelines;
- Receive minimal instruction on daily work, general instructions on new assignments.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in a science related field with at least six years of industry experience OR a Master in Science with industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrate strong tendency towards independent thinking and decision making, make logical decisions under pressure and with limited information or supervision available, articulate clearly decision making process;
- Work with highest level of flexibility, respond easily to last minute changes to project schedule, be able to change work schedule based on business and project needs;
- Understand all equipment functionality such that can troubleshoot and resolve equipment and process related issues independently;
- Excellent understanding of data integrity, regulatory, and Certified Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements for new drug development;
- Previous experience in technology transfers or product development is beneficial;
- Experienced with business Information Technology (IT) systems;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, statistical software and proprietary SCADA systems;
- Act as delegate to production manager if needed;
- Ability to lift 45 lb.
- Transferable skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 376282
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional