Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Process Engineer - Biotech Manufacturing Sciences & Technology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Engineer, are to:
- Lead Biologics Drug Substance technology transfers and complex global Biologics projects by developing project objectives, requirements, strategy and schedule aligned with the overall Product Strategy, budget and timeline;
- Establish, lead, maintain and motivate high-performance cross-functional project teams while serving as the project advocate within the organization;
- Cultivate collaborative professional relationships with peers and stakeholders, listen actively to transform insights into actions, drive results and contribute to a continuous learning culture;
- Execute several projects concurrently with global team while balancing competing priorities;
- Enable stakeholders/leadership to make effective decisions and manage actively risk reduction with contingency plans;
- Demonstrate biotech scientific and operations knowledge to define requirements and author/review technical documents;
- Understand biotech product development through commercialization lifecycle for phase specific project planning;
- Travel a few times per year with potential short-term assignments to convey knowledge or ensure project deliverables are met for reasons not limited to workshops, meetings and start-up/execution activities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least eight years of experience or Master of Science with at least four years of experience or Ph.D. with at least two years of experience in Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Biology with professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrate knowledge in aseptic processing and technical expertise in fed-batch and perfusion mammalian cell culture with cell separation techniques, purification liquid chromatography and tangential flow filtration systems or analytical methods for biotech products;
- Experience with the technology transfer of Biotech products or project management leading cross-functional teams in a scientific environment with strong ability to plan, prioritize and manage complex and conflicting activities in a timely manner;
- In-depth knowledge of cGMP compliance requirements for human therapeutic protein production from development through commercialization of biotech products;
- Manufacturing Sciences or Process Development or Operations or Analytical Methods experience in the biotech industry for drug substance processes;
- Familiar with methods for technology transfer comparability assessments and process performance qualification;
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills to assimilate complex information to identify risks and prepare balanced decisions;
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and coach effectively in a highly matrixed organization with local and geographically dispersed teams;
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 344230
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional