Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Process Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Engineer, are to:
- Make tactical decisions and continues long-term direction to achieve area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing, strategy, and raw material availability;
- Assist plant management in evaluating and achieving key performance indicators related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Serve as process specialist and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects that interface with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. process control technology, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Provide leadership to multi-disciplinary optimization and reliability teams across sites;
- Assist with development of continuous improvement goals, resource prioritization, and communication of financial or other performance metrics;
- Serve as a operation expert for Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) and other process techniques;
- Support timely resolution of identified procedure safety risks;
- Propose latest designs and execute plant trials directed towards enhancing plant performance;
- Serve as the manufacturing representative for the Technical Core team for assigned processes;
- Hold responsibilities associated with maintaining the process management file;
- Approve process changes and deviations from established operating limits;
- Support adherence to procedures, guidelines, design standards, and technologies across the site as a subject matter professional;
- Lead and represent site on corporate teams;
- Encourage experience exchange and promote knowledge transfer with other plant engineers;
- Promote continued development of self and area personnel through peer coaching and providing constructive feedback;
- Support site and area production system improvements, such as the product supply system OnePSS.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in chemical, electrical, or mechanical engineering with 7+ years experience required or;
- Master of Science degree with 4+ years accepted.
- Engineer experience in plant operations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Louisiana : Luling|