Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Process Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Engineer, are to:
- Assist plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Provide leadership to multi-disciplinary optimization and reliability teams;
- Assist with development of continuous improvement goals, resource prioritization, and communication of financial or other performance metrics;
- Propose, design, and execute plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction, and implementation of investment projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. process control technology, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Serve as a process expert for hazardous operations and other process hazard analyses techniques; supports timely resolution of identified process safety risks;
- Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Serve as manufacturing representative on Technical Core Team for assigned processes, holds responsibilities associated with maintaining the Process Management File, and approves process changes and deviations from established operating limits;
- Support adherence to procedures, guidelines, design standards, and technologies across the site as a subject matter expert;
- Lead or represent site on corporate teams;
- Provide training and mentoring to develop other engineers;
- Complete routine production engineer responsibilities as needed to cover absences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other science-based degree;
- At least seven years’ experience in Process Technology in a manufacturing environment;
- Broad technical background;
- Excellent knowledge of chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend, and make decisions.
- Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical engineering.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 135224
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional