Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Payroll Tax Analyst are to:
- Be accountable for Alternate Work Location Reporting, Analysis & Tax Allocations;
- Partner with Mobility on assignee tax activities;
- Be responsible for timely analysis of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll tax returns and payment funding for federal, state, and local tax withholding, social security taxes, and state unemployment taxes for the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada to ensure timely remittance and reduce tax compliance exposures;
- Be responsible for filing Quarterly Federal Returns, tax credit filings US, Puerto Rico, and Canada reporting;
- Provide tax analysis and guidance on divestiture, reorganization, and acquisition activities;
- Manual filing/reporting of W2s and W2Cs to social security website for a small number of US residents who work outside the US;
- Provide analysis and data support to the tax team with the calculation of corporate tax credits including agricultural opportunities and the preparation of state corporate apportionment factors for the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada;
- Provide support to internal and external partners by analyzing and resolving complex agency inquiries and notices from federal, state, and local taxing authorities and communicating as appropriate to third parties;
- Be accountable for analysis of special payments like LTI and STI for state tax allocation requirements & managing input of relevant entries for payroll processing/recording;
- Lead the US and Puerto Rico W2 and W2C and Canada T4 tax reconciliation process with Payroll and relevant business partners;
- Partner with the Payroll team, Treasury, Corporate Tax, IT, Global Mobility, Equifax and Government agencies to ensure tax compliance;
- Ensure adherence with Bayer policies, as well as all US, Puerto Rico & Canada Federal, State and Local regulatory compliance requirements as it relates to payroll tax activities such as: Federal, State, and Locality Rates, new legislation, Reciprocity Agreements, Tax Allocations, Filings and W2/W2Cs & T4s to prevent company exposure to tax penalties;
- Be responsible for timely payroll tax recordings of bi-weekly equity transactions;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned or required;
- Develop, document, and maintain payroll tax processes to ensure compliance;
- Be responsible for creation and maintenance of SNOW documents, Front Office communications and all process documents related to payroll tax activities;
- Identify, provide recommendations, and implement process improvement opportunities to enhance the payroll tax processes;
- Create, execute, and analyze monthly SAP system testing including TUBS, SAP Notes and Agency Rate Changes.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years Tax, HR/Payroll and/or Accounting experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex payroll tax issues and an understanding of US and Federal, State and Local payroll tax regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of US W2/W2C reporting & filings requirements;
- Confidence in autonomous decision making;
- Analytical experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information & adhere to data privacy & internal compliance requirements;
- Drive to identify & execute on process improvements;
- Strong organizations skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure & maintain a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Flexibility to work extended hours as necessary;
- Role model for the Bayer Life Values.
- 5 years of experience in Tax, HR/Payroll, and/or Accounting experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex payroll tax issues and an understanding of Puerto Rico’s Territory and Local payroll tax regulations; reporting & filing requirements.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur || United States : Missouri : St. Louis|