Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Manager Human Truths
In Bayer’s Consumer Health division, our vision is to make self-care for a better life a reality for billions of people around the world through everyday healthcare, primarily in the areas of allergy, analgesics (pain relief), cardiovascular risk prevention, cold and flu, gastrointestinal, and dietary supplements. Through our broad geographic footprint and portfolio of leading and trusted brands, people can get well, be well and stay well by taking charge of their everyday health, and the health of those they love. We touch billions of lives, helping provide them with safe, convenient and effective daily health solutions to treat minor illness and improve their lives.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Human Truths, are to:
- Provide strategic insight and consulting for assigned extended brand teams by effectively applying a deep understanding of consumer and healthcare professional needs and motivations to the challenges and opportunities facing the business;
- Connect multiple pieces of evidence from consumer behavior, consumer responses and cognitive science principles that can bring a new and different lens/perspective to solve a business challenge;
- Provide foresight by helping to identify new consumer spaces, unmet needs and jobs to be done;
- Develop and implement recommendations that positively impact the assigned brand’s;
- Challenge traditional research approaches/solutions and proactively propose and pilot upgraded solutions based on open data (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Audience Insights, etc.), behavioral economic principles application, etc.;
- Identify “activation forums” and translate insights and recommendations into “language” that different stakeholders may use to make decisions;
- Partner with extended team members (included agencies among others) to ensure consumer knowledge is understood, internalized and used across the purchase cycle;
- Identify and communicate consumer segment/targeting models for different purposes: leading edge consumers for Innovation, behavioral personas for comms and multichannel activation tactics;
- Work on strategic positioning, optimal allocation of the marketing mix, pricing, packaging, medical marketing, product introductions/restages, in-store program effectiveness and competitive defense strategies;
- Contribute to innovation through trends, creativity, consumer voice/behavior, sense making and experimentation;
- Penetrate beneath the numbers to bring strategic focus, raise questions and best position, grow and develop the business;
- Contribute to the development of annual research plans and budgets to ensure that consumer knowledge platforms support business objectives;
- Analyze and synthesize and interpreter consumer data and market research to derive valuable strategic and tactical insights and findings that aim to support the attainment of brand and CH organizational financial targets;
- Create multimedia reports/analysis that look and FEEL compelling to business partners and that reflect the depth and complexity of the human experience (videos, "story telling", infographics and the like);
- Manage external research vendors to ensure maximum ROI (return on Investment) for all projects;
- Educate them about our businesses/issues and working style/needs;
- Work as a collaborative partner to design and execute the most appropriate learning plan.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least six years of custom research experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, and at least three years have been spent in Consumer Insights, Applied Behavioral Sciences or Discovery functions (i.e. Design Thinking, Foresight) on the manufacturer or retailer side;
- Superior sense-making ability and comfortable working with both, data analytics (numbers) and outputs as well as social/psychology models as well as data analytics models);
- Familiar and proficient in the use of open data platforms for mining insights (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Audience Insights, etc.);
- Creative thinking that is reflected both in how you learn and how you communicate learnings to business partners;
- Experience using Design Thinking methods;
- Build effective teams, cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, customer focus, action oriented/drive results, collaborate globally and locally, plans and aligns, drives stakeholder engagement, effectively manage suppliers;
- Fit to Win skills;
- Excellent financial management skills to critically and objectively assess programs and investments versus results based on complex data, business experience;
- Ability to streamline operational processes and drive efficiency though the use of technology;
- Analytical ability with strong background in statistics and analysis, assessing different models and related outputs;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be able to create an environment that encourages innovation and risk taking;
- Ability to engage in positive/productive debate with the leaders of key internal constituent groups;
- Ability to collaborate and influence key stakeholders;
- Take activist ownership of bottom line, and have experience owning L.O.B. budgets and creatively achieving results.
- Bachelor’s or M.B.A or Master of Science in Behavioral Economics, Cognitive Sciences, etc.;
- Experience with Agile test & learn methodologies and digital research tools.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 494773
Functional Area: Marketing
Entry Level : Professional