Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Packaging/Manufacturing) Friday-Monday-1:00pm-11:20pm
Do you want to join an organization that helps the betterment of people’s lives?
Do you want to be part of delivering health to all? Then Bayer is the place for you.
Our vision is a noble one: health for all, hunger for none. The pandemic has further heightened awareness of self-care and nutrition. Help us deliver on our vision and create products that empower consumers to transform their everyday health.
- Top tier compensation and benefits
- Safety-first environment and extensive Covid-19 protocols
- Training and development opportunities
- Collaborative environment driven by teamwork
- We’re growing and investing in our Myerstown site
- We have a strong portfolio of leading consumer healthcare products (Bayer Aspirin, Aleve, Claritin, One A Day, Flintstones Vitamins, Phillips’ and more)
Pay and Benefits for full-time employees:
- Shift Differential Pay
- Company bonus (5% of eligible earnings annually)
- Excellent benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- 401k plan with a company match (100% of the first 3% you contribute and 50% on the next 4% you contribute)
- Retirement Contribution of 5% of eligible earnings
- Generous vacation (3 weeks annually)
- Educational Assistance (up to $7,500 annually)
- 16 Paid Company Holidays
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Maintenance Technician Packaging/Manufacturing - 3rd shift, are to:
- Perform the daily setup and routine operation of the packaging line, including but not limited to bottle in-feed, unscrambler, filler, bottle capper, torquer, labeler, vision systems, weighing systems, bar coding systems, sealers, disassembly/assembly, cleaning, resolving equipment stoppages and jams, and all material handling as trained;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance competencies such as technical skills, communication skills, and skills to build a team-oriented culture (i.e. training team members, motivating and supporting team members, sharing knowledge to continuously improve the process, etc.);
- Meet the production schedules outlined by line team and/or Supervision;
- Review and approve work output for team members by using validated methods;
- Provide overall line team support including equipment operation and other duties needed to support team members.
- Palletize both finished and unfinished products, and operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
- Improve OEE by increasing the equipment effectiveness on assigned packaging line;
- Perform equipment setup and changeover activities, and support all changeover reduction initiatives;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least two years of vocational technical training and at least five years of experience working with PLC's, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronics, fabrication, and /or industrial maintenance OR Technical Associate’s degree with at leas two years of experience working with PLC's, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronics, fabrication, and/or industrial maintenance;
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, interpret/comprehend/follow workplace and technical documentation equipment manuals, blueprints, diagrams, electrical schematics, operator manuals, work instructions, SOPs, etc.;
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems including gear ratios, power transmission, machine timing, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical/electronic systems, programmable logic controllers, lubrication, and maintenance/changeover of machines/production line;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electromechanical equipment and technical issues, successfully set up/changeover multiple pieces of packaging/manufacturing equipment,
- Be able to demonstrate a good mathematical aptitude in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and experience with metric and English standard systems;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good PC Skills, including use of e-mail, attaching documents to e-mail;
- Previous experience using electronic databases and online tools required (i.e., but not limited to, Lotus Notes database, Employee Self-Services on-line tools, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment;
- Experience in a government regulated, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or standard operating procedures (SOP) environment;
- Be willing to work overtime as required, based on production demands;
- Previous experience using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment;
- Advanced Manufacturing Integrated Systems Technology (AMIST) certification;
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
Reference Code: 508222
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional