Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Executive Assistant
Under limited supervision and acting on own initiative, this role performs various administrative and project related responsibilities for Executive level Managers, General Managers or Manager of department(s). Assignments involve work of a confidential nature and require a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, deliverables, and policies and programs.
This role provides operational and administrative support for the Senior Vice President of HR Innovations and their leadership team.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Executive Assistant, are to:
- Assembles and analyzes information; prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memorandum as guided by general company practice;
- Establishes and maintains departmental databases, Microsoft Teams and develops spreadsheets of importance to department;
- Assists in meeting planning and preparation work needed, i.e. drafting agendas and broader communications;
- Coordinates details of departmental meetings and/or on and off site conferences and events;
- Prepares materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combines materials from several sources;
- Manages complexity of global environments and insights;
- Manage projects, simultaneously, from all 9 teams with HR Innovations;
- Manages business travel arrangements; provides all details digitally within Outlook;
- Screens/ redirect calls, takes messages, handles mail;
- Coordinates activities across departments and follows up to ensure that requests are carried out;
- Processes expense reports and payment of invoices;
- Interfaces with other assistants to share and coordinate workload;
- Performing additional accountabilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience;
- Strong judgment skills and appropriate communication regarding confidential matters is required;
- Excellent Skills utilizing MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; someone that enjoys learning new software and technologies would be preferred;
- Ability to have a consistent presence in the office and offer support to the Head of HR Innovation and where needed for the HR Innovation Team;
- Experience coordinating international travel and obtaining travel Visas;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Ability to manage projects, timelines, and deliverables for the 9 teams making up HR Innovations;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and an extremely high level of organization is required. This includes the ability to arrange topics and presentations with ‘ease of use’ for the team and ability to cross-reference information quickly;
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization, this includes Executive Leaders and Board Of Management members, as well as Executive and contacts within external organizations;
- Intercultural competency (ability to work within a multinational, multi-ethnic, multi-lingual organization);
- Experience working in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed;
- Experience working with virtual partners in different geographies and time zones to coordinate meetings and activities;
- Proficient using SAP for invoice and PO Management.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 62762
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Professional