Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Executive Assistant
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Executive Administrator provides strategic administrative support to the SVP & Global Head of Biotech within Pharma Product Supply. The top priority of this position is to proactively support the SVP to ensure he/she uses his/her time optimally in the pursuit of organizational and strategic goals. This will be done by proactively managing an effective executive office with optimal coordination and communication across the global Biotech organization and leadership team, all global Bayer Pharma functions, Bayer AG, the US country organization, as well as, with satellite companies and external stakeholders such as partner companies, universities, government officials, key opinion leaders etc. This generally involves work and communication of a confidential nature, and requires good business sense, sound understanding of the SVP’s role and priorities, our business areas, practices, procedures, products, policies, programs and general environment. Applies strong diplomatic skills to optimally navigate interactions on multiple levels, from lower level employees to CEOs and board members, and supports forging strong relationships. Partners closely with SVP’s Chief of Staff and other BT LT offices.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Executive Assistant, are to:
- Manage SVP’s calendar and proactively balance competing priorities in accordance with requirements set by senior executive(s);
- Advise SVP of daily and weekly schedule, and work closely with the SVP to ensure effective and timely follow up;
- Proactively maintain sound understanding of our global network, shifting priorities, business goals and environment and ensure SVP can focus on strategic priorities and effectively leading the global organization;
- Proactively learn and manage all administrative processes;
- Manage eMail communication, mail, screens calls;
- Plan and manage SVP’s extensive travel, and processes travel expense reports, obtain and prepare required documentation including entry requirements, trip portfolios, advances, etc.;
- Coordinate closely with and act as team lead for global Biotech Leadership Team executive admin pool;
- Proactively support forging strong relationships with internal and external partners and building the right culture;
- Organize and host meetings and conferences for internal and external partners;
- Independently plan local and international events, such as strategy workshops, team buildings, employee celebrations, information events, culture events etc.;
- Set budget in alignment with SVP, manage budget and execute;
- Travel as needed to support BT Leadership, e.g. by managing/hosting international meetings and events;
- Assist in meeting planning and preparation work needed, i.e., draft agendas and broader communications;
- Prepare materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combines materials from several sources;
- Assemble and analyze information;
- Prepare reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence, and memorandum as guided by general company practice;
- Establish and maintain departmental databases and develop spreadsheets of importance to department;
- Coordinate activities across departments and follow up to ensure that requests are carried out;
- Process expense reports and payment of invoices;
- Train lower level assistants in the departments;
- Perform additional accountabilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school diploma with at least 10 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience;
- Quick learner;
- Sound understanding of business processes;
- Proficiency in PC applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
- Highly organized;
- Able to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience working for a global organization.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 481085
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Professional