Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Epidemiologist, are to:
- Provide critical review and assessment of relevant published epidemiological and meta-analysis literature;
- Effectively communicate published study findings internally and externally;
- Lead the evaluation of studies with epidemiological perspectives, expertise and recommendations and provide specialized expertise into responses that impact LTO emerging from publications involving studies using epidemiology or meta-analysis methods;
- Collaborate across Regulatory Science a team of diverse science backgrounds to mentor colleagues about this field in general and interpretations of studies specifically to enable them to be more effective communicators to their outreach audiences;
- Develop a global professional network and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, such as Crop Life International and Health and Environmental Sciences Institute and other appropriate external academic and research groups;
- Identify publication opportunities and develop and give presentations to broad scientific audiences, as a recognized expert on the topic and enable them to understand values and limitations of epidemiology and meta-analysis studies;
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to Senior Leaders in Bayer Crop Science including presenting epidemiological perspectives and providing recommendations, project plans and risk assessments;
- Perform comprehensive assessments of epidemiology studies or meta-studies to identify current trends and messages from epidemiology research;
- Complete all responsibilities listed above on a global scope.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. with at least 14 years of experience OR M.S. with at least 12 years of experience OR Ph.D. with at least eight years (all years of experience in epidemiology or related field);
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with schools of public health, physicians or veterinarians;
- At least four years of experience and a record of publications in occupational or environmental epidemiology;
- Solid understanding of dose versus exposure;
- Good knowledge of agricultural and/or pharmaceutical product development process;
- Understanding of global regulations and guidelines, in particular safety and risk management and implications for defense of existing products in the marketplace;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated global experience and networks;
- Demonstration of leadership, strategic thinking and ability to influence.
- At least six years of experience and a record of publications in occupational or environmental epidemiology;
- Experience with a consulting firm;
- Experience in interacting with regulatory agencies.
Reference Code: 193827
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional