At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Environmental Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Environmental Engineer, are to:
• Maintain an understanding of site operations, attend project reviews and review management of changes for assigned manufacturing area to determine environmental impact on an independent basis;
• Ability to read, interpret, plan, and implement new major; regulatory requirement;
• Ensure regulatory reports, permit applications, etc. are submitted in an accurate and timely fashion;
• Completes accurate engineering calculations to support environmental emissions reporting and for permit applications;
• Develops and delivers training for site employees to comply with external and internal regulations;
• Independently performing engineering design and calculation assignments;
• Applies deep technical or specialized knowledge involving advanced knowledge of a major field;
• Provides leadership on addressing noncompliance situations; works with agencies, corporate HSE and legal to resolve;
• Audits site environmental programs as well as participating as an
auditor during internal regional compliance audits and global management system audits;
• Support the analysis and resolution of minor operation interruptions and upsets related to environmental issues;
• Support and network with Corporate and Regional Environmental teams and lead large diverse teams as needed;
• Contributes significant technical improvements and efficiencies;
• Mentor engineers in the department or site.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s in science degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline; with 7 years of progressive engineering experience; or M.S. in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline and 4 years of progressive engineering experience;
- Effectively leverage external and internal relationships
- Manage several projects simultaneously;
- Effectively communicate complex issues; demonstrated excellent verbal and written communicate skills in both technical and non-technical areas;
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills with the ability to interact with all levels of organization from leadership to operations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Muscatine|