Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Engineer EM Testing
The primary responsibilities of this role Senior Engineer EM Test Engineering, are to:
- Understand test fixture and test system requirement specifications for testing electromechanical medical device products/components;
- Define requirements for test fixtures/systems used to test the medical devices and / or components that are manufactured at the OHara site or at supplier;
- Design and develop test systems for new and current electromechanical medical devices;
- Work with software development engineers in test engineering on defining SW requirements for test systems;
- Works collaboratively in a team environment consisting of electrical engineers, validation engineers and technicians;
- Create documentation such as schematics, mechanical/ electrical drawings, fixture setup and operating procedures, etc;
- Provides expertise and/or technical leadership for various test engineering projects;
- Test and troubleshoot existing test fixtures/systems to support manufacturing and service activities;
- Successfully work in cross functional teams consisting of product development, test engineering and manufacturing engineers to ensure successful transfer of new products from development to manufacturing;
- Independently plans and manages own work activities of significant technical scope to align with department objectives and to ensure timelydelivery of project deliverables;
- Lead design reviews at the project level as needed;
- Any additional tasks as assigned;
- Proactively and independently communicates project level information to various stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Mentoring of junior level engineers and technicians;
- Demonstrate skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions for problems, exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation and judgment in anticipating and solving these problems;
- In addition, the standard BAYER Core Competencies and Life Values also apply in the evaluation of the incumbent s suitability for placement into this role, specifically, this individual should possess the following:
- Ability to clearly understand scope and complexity of test engineering projects and effectively estimate project timelines;
- Ability to ensure accountability and consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances;
- Ability to make sense of complex, high volume, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems;
- Ability to build partnerships and to work collaboratively with others in manufacturing, service and new product development to meet shared objectives;
- Ability to build strong stake holder relationships and deliver stake holder desired solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or Engineering Technology;
- Between four and seven years of hands on work experience in design and development of medium to high complexity test fixtures/systems;
- Direct experience within the medical device industry (FDA
- Regulated) and ISO 13485, ISO 62304 is a plus;
- Ability to multi task several high priority projects at a given time and prioritize projects based on business need and impact;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional manufacturing and development environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work well in fast paced organization;
- Demonstrates skill in both analysis of complex problems and providing viable solutions;
- Working knowledge and proven skills on PC including Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Project and engineering applications such as Fusion 360, Solidworks, OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Editor, or similar applications and PowerPoint).
- About two years of experience in defining requirements for test systems/ fixtures;
- Working knowledge of software language / platform including .Net (C#), C , LabVIEW, and TestStand;
- About two years of managing projects.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Pennsylvania : Pittsburgh Heilman|