Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Director Oncology Precision Medicine Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Director Oncology Precision Medicine Lead , are to:
- Develop one or more programs and resume in this role strategic, clinical, scientific, technical and budgetary planning for the assigned projects;
- Act as an equal member of the GPT. Will provide relevant Oncology expertise to GPT when evaluating and developing precision medicine strategies;
- Act as thought partner to research leaders, proactively following early projects and taking an active role from pre-IND, assembling resources for subsequent biomarker activities on the project;
- Draw on resources from across the organization, to ensure delivery of appropriate biomarker strategy;
- Ensure coordination of all aspects of biomarker delivery in synchronization with the drug R&D process, informed by deep understanding of clinical development in Oncology and state-of-the-art biomarker use in Oncology. Will own, source and develop distinctive biomarker knowledge to support Bayer differentiation strategy, when necessary;
- Define, communicate and execute on the biomarker strategy for each development program where he/she is PML;
- Represent biomarker related aspects internally and externally in meetings with authorities and ethics committees, and with external key opinion leaders;
- Build and maintain network with academic institutions/diagnostic companies in Oncology;
- Work closely with clinical leaders to ensure translation strategy has maximum success rate supported by a developable biomarker;
- Lead via internal and external collaborations the development of biomarkers and/or segmentation tools for internal decision making and/or as intended part of the product definition, whether to measure response (to aid dose finding or as surrogate endpoint) or to identify patient segments;
- Ensure regulatory compliance of biomarker activities and drive biomarker qualification processes;
- Independently analyze, interpret and present results from biomarker analyses and draws scientifically valid conclusions that support and enable decision making.
Relocation may be available for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- M.D. (Medical Doctor) or Ph.D., or M.D./Ph.D. preferred in the areas of Pathology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics;
- Proven track record of clinical development in Oncology with 8+ years of industry experience; understanding of pathophysiology’s and therapies in oncology;
- Focus on Immuno-Oncology drug development, including experience with implementing biomarker strategies, regulatory framework for bio sampling, translational medicine in Immuno-Oncology;
- Outstanding scientific reputation as evidenced by multiple publications in peer reviewed journals and as speaker of conferences;
- Strong network in the academic and clinical community of Oncology;
- Strong leadership skills, comfortable to marshal resources from different parts of the organization.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 555426
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Professional