Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Director, Head of Cell Therapy Process Platform Implementation
The Sr Director, Head of Cell Therapy Process Platform Implementation, based in Berkeley/US, and reporting directly to the Head of Global Biologics Development will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and leading the cross-functional implementation team for the next generation Cell Therapy Process Platform. In addition to the primary team lead responsibility, the role will serve as a Senior subject matter expert within the Global Biologics Development Leadership Team.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Director Cell Therapy Process Platform Implementation, are to:
- Set and lead the strategic vision for the next generation Cell Therapy Process Platform in alignment with the Global Biologics extended Leadership Team and line management;
- Lead and manage a global matrix team of Senior SMEs/Managers to deliver a Cell Therapy Process Platform within the context of a wider team collectively defining the CMC environment (quality and regulatory framework) along with the process and equipment platforms;
- Initiate different workstreams to design a modular and flexible GMP ready Cell Therapy industrialization process platform, end-to-end, from cell bank management to administration, tailored for robust and efficient commercial supply of adherent and suspension cultures in the allogenic cell therapy space, to define the overall Cell and Gene Therapy industrialization concept, focused on the design of the process platform and to demonstrate technical and commercial feasibility of CT industrialization for relevant cell systems in a technical setting;
- Set, align and track targets of multiple workstreams, agile resource allocation, resolve critical topics and escalate if needed;
- Drive results and report progress and decision needs to Steering Committee and major stakeholders;
- Develop and align roadmap to apply platform for specific pipeline assets.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in a life science or engineering discipline (bio-/chemical engineering, biotechnology etc.);
- Significant experience in biologics process and technology development, especially in Cell Therapy;
- Long-term working experience in a leading role within pharmaceutical industry with significant experience with at least five years in Cell Therapy process and technology development;
- Proven track record in leading and managing large global projects and teams (in both capital and non-capital projects as well as in stagegate and agile execution mode) with a series of internal and external partners;
- Outstanding stakeholder management and engagement skills;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices requirements and experience in both technical and project management disciplines in CMC-development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products;
- Solid understanding of general business principles and procedures;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with high level conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to motivate an entire team through an organizational change process;
- Instills company vision, values and beliefs in others through example;
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Fluency in German.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
Reference Code: 413741
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Professional