Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Director Digital Experience
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Director Digital Experience, are to:
The Senior Director, Digital Experience, will join Bayer’s growing US Pharma Digital Strategy & Operations team as the head of digital experience capabilities and design services. This role will build and manage a team of user experience (UX) designers, while leveraging methods and tools that result in best-in-class customer experiences on digital channels and solutions across the Bayer US Pharma portfolio. This leader will champion a customer-centric and data-driven approach to experience design that incorporates customer insights, feedback, and best practices into all design activities.
- Define and execute a vision for delivering best-in-class customer experiences on digital channels across the Bayer U.S. Pharma portfolio, including the enablement of capabilities such as user experience (UX) design, usability testing, design thinking, and digital customer journey mapping;
- Build and manage a team of in-house user experience (UX) designers and scalable externally provided UX services;
- Generate, document, and maintain digital experience best practices based on qualitative and quantitative customer insights, including through continuous experimentation and execution of experience optimization tests in partnership with cross-functional analytics teams;
- Incorporate customer feedback and insights to improve customer experiences on digital channels;
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DS&AA), and other cross functional stakeholders to improve the customer experience through stronger understanding of customer needs and better design of digital experiences, content, and solutions;
- Create U.S. Pharma design system for each owned digital channel (e.g. websites, email, field digital assets, etc.) that incorporates digital experience best practices;
- Champion agile, design thinking, experimentation, and customer cocreation methodologies in the design and management of digital experiences and solutions;
- Lead cross-functional efforts to establish and execute roadmaps for digital services and solutions across the U.S. Pharma portfolio that address customer needs.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of work experience;
- At least 5 years of dedicated digital marketing or design experience, either in-house or with an agency;
- Track record of designing and delivering differentiated customer experiences via digital channels, with measurable business results (e.g. ROI, customer satisfaction);
- Deep understanding of customer-centric experience design approaches and methodologies, including design thinking, usability testing, customer co-creation, A/B and multivariate testing, and prototyping;
- Experience building and leading a team of world-class user experience (UX) designers and/or digital product managers;
- Expertise in digital customer engagement channels (e.g. web, email, mobile app, social media, paid media, etc.) and how they fit within a broader marketing mix and customer engagement plan;
- Robust analytical skills to evaluate and optimize customer experiences on digital channels through a test and learn approach;
- Familiarity with experience design tools and technologies (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Adobe, Miro, etc.);
- Skilled relationship-builder and cross-functional collaborator with proven leadership and teamwork abilities, able to manage priorities and drive results across a broad set of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience building and leading high performing teams;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike;
- Excellent attention to detail, sense of urgency, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master’s degree or other graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Pharma/biotech experience either in-house or via agency.
Relocation assistance offered.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 345945
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional