Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Data Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Data Scientist, are to:
- Work as part of a Pulmonary Drug Discovery team with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of genetic epidemiologists, biostatisticians, computational biologists, translational and basic scientists, and clinicians;
- Include analysis of large-scale whole genome sequencing data, RNA sequencing data and DNA methylation to advance disease biology understanding in respiratory disease and the identification of new therapeutic targets;
- Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes and formats through own expertise and experience and participate in scientific meetings and seminars and represents the strategic collaboration at conferences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, genetics or a
related quantitative field required;
- Strong programming skills in R / Bioconductor, Python, or MATLAB
- Six years of previous experience in analysis of epigenetic, genetic
and other -omics data required with candidates with experience in the
analysis of sequencing data;
- Able to build excellent working relationships, initiating new collaborative projects and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and documentation skills;
- Ability to adhere to reproducible research standards;
- Ability to work well in teams and interact with all levels of staff;
- Ability to produce highly annotated pipelines for data mining.
Reference Code: 68413
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional