Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Row Crops organization is expanding its production operations team in Grinnell.
We are currently offering a $2500 sign-on bonus for new Seed Technician hires
that have accepted an offer to join Bayer by June 30, 2022
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU
As a Seed Technician, you will be involved in all facets of row crop seed production (corn, soy & cotton). Unlike a traditional manufacturing role, you will experience a variety of responsibilities throughout the growing season. You will be expected to work a rotating shift schedule including some nights and weekends as required.
- In spring and summer, you will be assigned to teams supporting a variety of responsibilities. You could spend time inspecting and maintaining our seed crops or you could support seed inventory management at the plant. This is also the season we have teams doing maintenance on our production equipment.
- Fall is a busy season with harvesting and seed packaging in full swing.
- In the winter, you’ll be cleaning & packaging seed, supporting maintenance work, warehousing and shipping seed to ensure our grower customers have the product they need for the coming planting season.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We offer a competitive hourly rate of $23 - $26 per hour with overtime as applicable. Starting salary is based on candidate experience, education and market pay for role in the region. Our sites offer excellent internal career growth opportunities within the seed technician role and in cross-functional positions.
We also offer a full benefits package including:
- Generous insurance FROM DAY ONE (including 3 medical insurance package options, vision, dental & life insurance).
- 16 paid holidays
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 401k match & additional core contribution each year
- $2/hour premium pay for 2nd and 3rd shift
In this position, you will work closely with other team members to identify ways to improve our processes. This is an opportunity to work in an environment where your ideas are heard, and you’re encouraged to grow personally and professionally.
WHO YOU ARE
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Basic user knowledge of standard computer programs (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, tablets/smart devices);
- Valid drivers’ license (in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers – Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening);
- Ability to lift 60lbs (a bag of seed);
- Ability to work: days, nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs require.
MORE ABOUT YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate equipment (forklifts, seed cleaning, harvesting, planting, etc.);
- Utilize systems to leverage real time data/technology to drive efficient operations and processes (work orders, maintenance, production information)
- Actively partner with key business stakeholders (growers, vendors) to execute plant/field operations;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections by troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Adhere to Bayer’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) standards and drive efforts towards sustainability
- Engage in continuous improvement programs and identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with production area, site and Bayer goals;
WHO WE ARE
Bayer’s Crop Science division is the largest agriculture company in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of agriculture seed, chemistry, and technology. Our seed teams strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water & climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our farmer customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship, and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
Click below and learn about our Heroes@Bayer Program for Military Veterans and their families that join our team!
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Grinnell|