Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Operate equipment in the research and development sites and leveraging real time data to maximize existing procedures;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections;
- Troubleshoot problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Support areas across the site in driving the adoption of continuous improvements conducive to an organized and clean work environment. Utilize standard industry techniques to initiate process and work improvements;
- Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development;
- Ensure upstream activities (e.g., seed inspections, international shipping, indoor and outdoor activities) are handled within company standards and business requirements;
- Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures, standard work, process flow and instrumentation diagrams, etc.);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Participate in and prepare to lead meetings as needed; articulating objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas;
- Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate change;
- Ability to work well and communicate with others in a dynamic setting;
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will (may) fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or facilities with systems);
- Valid Drivers’ License, in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record have to meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- DOT medical card OR the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review;
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older, due to safety requirements to operate a combine;
- Be able to lift, push, and pull 60lbs seasonally;
- Have availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience operating and/or maintaining farm equipment such as tractors, planters, combines, etc.;
- Have or have the ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicator License.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.|
|Location:||United States : Minnesota : Stanton|