Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Operate equipment in the production sites and leveraging real time data to maximize existing procedures;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections;
- Troubleshoot problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Perform Site Responsible Researcher (SRR) duties ensuring adherence to stewardship processes and protocols that are completed accurately and timely, this includes field monitoring, grower communication, and documentation of activities;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5S, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment. Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHYs) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development;
- Ensure upstream activities (e.g., field inspection, grower contract) are handled within company standards and business requirements;
- Cultivate partnership with key business partners to plant / field operations (e.g., grower network);
- Use SAP to support administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information;
- Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures, standard work, process flow and instrumentation diagrams, etc.);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Participate and prepare to lead Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings as needed;
- Articulate shift objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas;
- Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or facilities with systems);
- Valid Drivers’ License, in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed);
- Ability to work days, nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 448882
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter