Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Operate equipment and systems leveraging real time data/technology in own area with minimum settings adjustment and alignment with existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), promoting standardization and ensuring efficient production processes;
- Provide standardized training and mentoring to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement of personal development goals;
- Ensure all upstream activities to production process are handled within company standards and business requirements (e.g., field inspection, grower contract);
- Manage partnership with key business partners to plant/field operations (e.g., grower network);
- Provide support in administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information leveraging SAP;
- Assist in the preparation, review, and approval of key process documentation (operating, startup and shut-down procedures, standard work, process flow and instrumentation diagrams, etc.);
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections by troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Monsanto’s Environmental Safety and Health (ESH) and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Alert senior technician and leadership as needed when non-conformities in product or process variance occur;
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Help to keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork;
- Facilitate shift change over;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5s practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, by aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools and keeping place of work swept and clean;
- Participate in DDS (daily direction setting) meetings;
- Engage in continuous improvement programs and identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with production area, site and Monsanto goals;
- Utilize focused improvement (e.g., 5whys) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Coach less experienced technicians on manufacturing standards work.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school degree or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of Information Technologies (IT) such as Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and facilities with systems;
- Valid drivers’ license (in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed);
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks;
- Intermediate computer skills with experience using SAP and PLC.
- Advanced training including technical or college degree.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 384465
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter