Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Ensure the production and equipment operation process happens safely effectively and with quality in alignment with general procedures of the work area;
- Obtain and maintain AASCO and in some cases ISTA certifications;
- Exhibit understand of internal procedures/protocols and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to assigned area activities;
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Bayer’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards;
- Perform basic computer/Microsoft Suite program skills;
- Demonstrate positive attitude, team player and willingness to collaborate across all departments and business units;
- Execute basic activities in Bayer systems (SAP and electronic networks), commonly used in production processes;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5S, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment;
- Utilize 1PSS techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Participate and prepare to lead Daily Direction Settings (DDS) meetings as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or GED and one year Manufacturing and/or agricultural operations experience;
- Ability to gain required plant certifications to operate forklift;
- Ability to work according the defined QMS documents with close Supervision;
- Ability to work different shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed to support business needs;
- Knowledge of Basic Computer Skills (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Ability to Communicate in English, both Verbal and Written;
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Technical, Associates or Bachelors degree;
- Three years of experience in a rotating-shift manufacturing environment;
- Be able to use hands/fingers to handle or feel;
- Be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, it involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting to 60 pounds while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, in addition employee frequently is required to walk;
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and troubleshoot equipment);
- Prior agricultural experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : California : Oxnard|