Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Security Officer I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Security Officer I, are to:
- Perform mobile patrol of site within geography of responsibility on roadways and parking lots;
- Protect sites from trespassers or illegal entry;
- Protect against damage or theft of company property;
- Investigate and respond to calls for service;
- Provide emergency services and rescue, CPR and first aid during sudden illnesses or injury;
- Respond to intrusion and equipment alarms;
- Conduct initial investigations of accidents, or crimes against company property or employees;
- Foster an environment of trust and confidence through exemplary integrity and professionalism;
- Prepare appropriate report documentation;
- Be able to think independently, react to changing conditions and be able to make sound decisions based upon existing circumstances;
- Maintain order and the safety of employees and visitors in the event of an emergency.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Law enforcement, military and/or corporate security experience is required;
- The ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to prepare clear, succinct, accurate, professional and timely written communications;
- The ability to maintain all certifications and training as required by jurisdiction of authority and possess a valid driver's license;
- The ability to obtain and maintain the State of Hawaii "Guard Card" according to the State of Hawaii HRS 463-10.5;
- Experienced in basic computer skills;
- Able to work rotating shifts and available for overtime and weekend shifts;
- The ability to work in excess of the normal eight hour day when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Hawaii : Kaunakakai|