Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Security Officer, are to:
- Perform mobile patrol of site within geography of responsibility on roadways and parking lots;
- Protect sites from trespassers or illegal entry;
- Protect against damage or theft of company property;
- Investigate and respond to calls for service;
- Provide emergency services and rescue, Cardiopulmonary resucitation (CPR) and first aid during sudden illnesses or injury;
- Responding to intrusion and equipment alarms;
- Conduct initial investigations of accidents or crimes against company property or employees;
- Foster an environment of trust and confidence through exemplary integrity and professionalism;
- Prepare appropriate report documentation;
- Have the ability to think independently, react to changing conditions and be able to make sound decisions based upon existing circumstances;
- Maintain order and the safety of employees and visitors in the event of an emergency.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Experience law enforcement, military and/or corporate security;
- Be able to work autonomously and with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to prepare clear, succinct, accurate, professional and timely written communications;
- Able to maintain all certifications and training as required by jurisdiction of authority and possess a valid driver's license;
- Able to obtain and maintain the State of Hawaii "Guard Card" according to the State of Hawaii HRS 463-10.5;
- Experienced in basic computer skills;
- Able to work rotating shifts and available for overtime and weekend shifts;
- Able to work in excess of the normal eight-hour day when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Kaunakakai- Molokai
Reference Code: 208924
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Professional