Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Seasonal Labor Lead
Manage, direct and lead all aspects of our Seasonal and Migrant worker programs in Iowa. Oversee fair and equitable distribution of labor across teams supported by the temporary labor pool in Iowa including Breeding, Pre-Foundation, Foundation, Commercial, Production Research, and other internal Bayer teams requiring temporary labor.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seasonal Labor Lead, are to:
- Lead and provide direction to Field Labor Contractor(s);
- Be responsible for compliance and regulatory activities related to our migrant and temporary workforce including employee relations, safety, housing, department of labor, and other applicable areas;
- Create and support a safety first culture in the site. Demonstrate and promote a safe culture at all times;
- Be responsible for developing, implementing and leading a working environment that provides team members a high level of empowerment, with opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Develop and implement strategies that efficiently allocate labor across the various shared locations this migrant and seasonal labor pool supports;
- Create long-term strategic plans for maintaining/improving our recruitment process in order to meet the demands of the business;
- Collaborate with Human Rights, HR, Talent Acquisition, Legal, and other supporting teams to ensure high levels of compliance and best practice processes related to migrant and temporary employees;
- Collaborate with partners in Product Supply and Technology to enable best practice sharing and people development, including implementation & sustainability of key initiatives like AM2020/Production Systems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, Preferably in Agriculture or Human Resources;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Agriculture, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Human Resources.
- Ability to critically think about the business to collaborate across teams/departments and balance resources;
- Ability to influence commercial and breeding organizations to enable efficiency/synergy targets.
Relocation may be available for this position.
Reference Code: 46200
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional