Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Scientist II (Agrochemical Formulations Chemist)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist II (Agrochemical Formulations Chemist) are to:
- Develop new and improved formulations containing mixtures of multiple agrochemical actives delivering differentiated product performance and handling characteristics, and improved application properties;
- Design, conduct & interpret complex experiments;
- Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals, primary author for scientific reports, and effectively communicate research findings;
- Assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions;
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Solve complex problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments;
- Independently design and analyze the results of a variety of experiments such as Design of Experiment (DOE) of complex mixture formulations;
- Communicate and interpret the results of experiments, cost/benefit analysis, and lab-related issues to partners and key stakeholders;
- Accountable for cross-functional work in multiple platforms and process areas;
- Prioritize and coordinate work within a team structure and be a primary contributor in evaluating and understanding project requirements and documentation;
- Work effectively in a matrix environment;
- Demonstrate a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement;
- Keep abreast of new science and technological development and exploit them to continuously improve functional area capabilities;
- Foster a team-based approach to research;
- Thrive on meeting challenges, insist on high-quality deliverables, and show proven initiative in some categories of accomplishments, either individually or as part of a group;
- Achieve commitment to safety and adhere to safety protocols and best practices.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. (defended by September 30, 2022) in Chemistry or closely related field with 3 or more years of relevant experience OR Master's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's degree with 7 or more years of relevant experience:
- Prior experience with specialization in Colloidal Science or Interfacial Phenomenon;
- Familiarity with data systems and data tools for data capture and mining;
- Knowledge of regulatory, engineering, and scientific principles that lead to the development and optimization of local and global formulated products;
- Working knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods, data analysis, and visualization software;
- Understanding and aptitude for applying industry-standard testing methodologies such as: ASTM, CIPAC, EPA, FAO and/or ISO.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based, multi-cultural environment while balancing multiple priorities;
- Ability to travel independently domestically less than 10%.
- Prior experience in formulation development in agrochemical, consumer products, and/or other industries.
- Prior experience consulting with internal customers and stakeholders such as: research scientists, agronomists, regulatory experts, as well as production and marketing partners;
- Track record of success working on global projects in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position will be based in Creve Coeur, MO (St. Louis area).
Position may include opportunity to work remotely 20-40%.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : St. Louis || United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur|