Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Scientist I, Pulmonary Drug Discovery
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist I, Pulmonary Drug Discovery, are to:
- Have an advance disease biology understanding and target identification in lung diseases using genomics, transcriptomics or/and metabolomics approaches;
- Apply the findings of target identification studies in the area of lung diseases to identify new mechanisms, pathways and finally druggable targets for the development of novel, and causative therapies;
- Lead cross-functional international teams and provides expert guidance to more junior associates;
- Project management of target discovery projects;
- Plan and execute studies to validate and understand the biology of identified target and new mechanisms together with our strategic collaboration partner;
- Drive the process of drug development for validated mechanisms and targets together with our strategic collaboration partner and our German sites;
- Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes and formats through own expertise and experience;
- Communicate effectively and promptly at all levels of the organization and towards the strategic collaboration partner (BWH/MGH), supporting research objectives and management decisions;
- Participate in scientific meetings and seminars and represents the strategic collaboration at internal and external meetings and conferences;
- Perform other related responsibilities as necessitated by the position.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Doctorate or Ph.D. in Natural Sciences (genetics, molecular biology, immunology);
- One or more years of related medical science work or postdoctoral fellowship experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and the ability to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic research organization;
- Creative and flexible thinking, being open-minded and challenging the status quo;
- Able to build excellent working relationships, initiating new collaborative projects and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts;
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, cutting-edge and challenging environment;
- Ability and willingness to think "outside the box" to develop and adopt relevant emerging technologies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong record of research publications and high-profile scientific presentations.
- Proven track record of successful scientific working, postdoctoral fellowship;
- Solid background in fibrotic or inflammatory diseases;
- Experience with cellular and/or animal modeling of lung disease biology.
Reference Code: 215003
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional