Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Scientist I, Oncology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist I Oncology, are to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth broad scientific and operational knowledge for one functional development area and apply this to the development process;
- Independently design and conduct process development experiments, assays, or procedures of considerable complexity with considerable discretion as to work details requiring complicated scientific analysis, operational planning and execution;
- Understand advance disease biology and target identification in cancer biology using genomics / transcriptomics approaches;
- Apply the findings of single-cell gene expression studies in the assigned TA to identify new mechanisms, pathways and finally druggable targets for the development of novel, causative therapies;
- Plan and execute studies;
- Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes and formats through own expertise and experience;
- Perform other related responsibilities as necessitated by the position;
- Add value to the success of the company according to the main objectives of the function;
- Innovate in a therapeutic area with unmet medical need;
- Influence research priorities and have ability to collaborate with some of the most comprehensive studies in disease state.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. degree;
- Highly skilled laboratory experimentalist with experience of working with biological systems (cells/cell lysates/ex vivo tissues, etc.);
- Desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental vigor and quality;
- High attention to detail, creativity in problem-solving, strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to successfully work independently and as part of teams;
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance;
- Learns fast and can change the course quickly where indicated;
- Continually challenges the status quo;
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement;
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality.
- Postdoctoral experience either in an academic or industrial setting;
- Impactful research experience demonstrated by high quality publications, patents and/or presentations at national/international conferences.
Reference Code: 205981
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional