Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Scientist I - Environmental Systems Specialist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist I- Environmental Systems Specialist are to:
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to improve and align the management of greenhouse and growth chamber environments which includes troubleshoot production inquiries, lead programming strategies, identify optimal environmental settings by crop or workflow, update software and hardware and report of environmental metrics;
- Communicate and interpret the results of experiments, environmental KPIs, cost/benefit analysis and Controlled Environment (CE) related issues to key stakeholders;
- Adhere to established protocols and techniques;
- Operate and troubleshoot instrumentation;
- Solve problems autonomously using multiple data sources;
- Prioritize and coordinate work within a large team and provide training to contingent workforce;
- Maintaining detailed record keeping and required documentation;
- Solve complex problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments;
- Lead workflow optimization and method validation projects using multiple data sources;
- Use specialized knowledge, the broad application of scientific principles, current literature when identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Design and analyze the results of experiments independently;
- Perform a variety of experiments;
- Take initiative in keeping current with literature in areas of assignment and in areas of professional interest;
- Thrive on meeting challenges, insist on high quality deliverables, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills and possess the ability to build productive external and internal relationships;
- Achieve commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols and best practices.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. with at least five years of relevant experience OR M.S. with at least two years relevant experience OR Ph.D. with experience;
- Plant production experience or experience managing environmental software with the ability to independently design experiments and analyze data;
- Greenhouse and growth chamber experience with aptitude for identifying, communicating, tracking and troubleshooting plant health variables;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software;
- Experience with ISO/Quality Management Systems and defining and using Key Performance Indicators to measure CE and workflow health.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 232685
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D
Entry Level : Professional