Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Research Equipment Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research Equipment Engineer, are to:
- Develop and lead automation/control engineering and design for Bayer Vegetables Research Development Headquarters;
- Propose designs and execute site trials directed at enhancing area performance and innovate to better technologies that add to value stream;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and improve state of the art research equipment hardware along with software that supports fundamental operations.
- Partner with other engineering disciplines, customers and vendors/suppliers to create technical strategies and identify project opportunities;
- Create, maintain and develop standards for area operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission smaller scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites;
- Installation, calibration, and/or maintain PLC, HMI, GPS systems and other field equipment;
- Assist in the growth and design of company standard core logic, standard HMI logic, and IT process control network;
- Create and maintain the applicable elements of the site process management files, management of change process, relevant documentation and drawings;
- Create intellectual property and adhere to company procedures for intellectual property protection;
- Assist in training and mentoring site Technicians, and other operations personnel;
- Self-manage multiple priorities, across multiple organizations and multi-task effectively;
- Effectively establish strong working relationships and building networks;
- Keep abreast technologies and trends which may include professional organization membership, attending conferences and trade shows, course work, certifications or similar activities.
Domestic Relocation in the form of a Lump Sum payment is Available as well as Visa Sponsorship for someone in the US
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. degree with seven years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Control System Engineering, or related field OR M.S. degree with five years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Control System Engineering, or related field;
- Knowledgeable in computing systems, control system hardware including instrumentation PLC, HMI equipment and/or GPS coordinate and IT systems Demonstration of strong technical, teamwork, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience in control system design, configuration, maintenance, and automation field.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 113181
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional