Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Reliability Engineer, are to:
- Troubleshoot diagnose and repair laboratory equipment;
- Utilize a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to timely document and track completed work tasks, record labor hours, and parts;
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records of assets in the CMMS database;
- Be responsible for managing appropriate use and replenishment of spare parts inventory;
- Develop, document and perform internal quality repair testing procedures;
- Perform scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance in accordance with performance targets;
- Maintain compliance with all Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and ensures a safe working environment for all colleagues;
- Review regularly, modify, and create maintenance procedures based on current industry best practices;
- Provide appropriate maintenance training to end-users for autonomous maintenance purposes;
- Be responsible for the relocation, deployment, and installation of new and established equipment and validate performance according to industry standards;
- Liaise between equipment vendor and end-user to translate technical specifications and description of the problem to facilitate advanced repairs;
- Utilize root cause analysis to identify and implement initiatives to improve equipment reliability;
- Become familiar with systems and diagnose issues related to equipment involved with high throughput DNA extraction, genotyping, and sequencing;
- Be responsible for coordinating and contributing to continuous improvement efforts with multidisciplinary teams to improve current production processes.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related discipline with at least one year of experience in the reliability/maintenance or field service industry;
- Technical training, or experience in engineering, mechanical systems, electronics, robotics, automation systems;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Experience working with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Familiar with TMP and LEAN methodology;
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP);
- Experience working with laboratory equipment and personnel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 445318
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional