Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Regional Automation Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Automation Engineer Intermediate, are to:
- Have the ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission medium scale automation/control improvement projects and support medium scale capital projects implemented at sites;
- Lead and drive PLC, HMI programming and Information Technology (IT) management efforts at sites;
- Grow and design of company core logic, standard HMI logic, and IT process control network;
- Become expert with site’s production and control system needs and provide technical support;
- Monitor/trend, identify, and develop solutions to control system;
- Learn critical process equipment in order to resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with other automation engineers to ensure strong network and alignment on approaches and standardized systems;
- Mentor automation technicians.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Automation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Electrical Engineering or comparable Technology with at least three years of experience, or at least eight years of practical experience such as experience derived from the Automation Technician role at Bayer production plants;
- Good Analytical and problem solving (decision making) skills;
- Collaborative team player capable of working well with people across all hierarchies internally and externally;
- Good organizational and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills such as communication, listening, verbal and assertiveness;
- Results driven with ability to manage ambiguity;
- Travel Requirement – Avg 25% of work time is expected within region and limited globally.
- Valid drivers’ license (in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 398664
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Job Starter