Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Quantum Computing Manager
The Bayer Technology Prospecting team has been working on Quantum computing and Quantum Technologies since 2016. Recently there were major important advancements in Quantum Computing and Quantum Sensing leading to an increase in activities in the field and more funding from various internal and external sources. Bayer is also a founding member of QuPharm, which brings together more than 15 of the biggest life sciences companies all interested in Quantum computing.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Quantum Computing Manager, are to:
- Be responsible for the evaluation and realization of the potential of quantum computing for Bayer, in close cooperation with the computational science and R&D community at Bayer;
- Foster the successful Quantum Computing (QC) implementation, the candidate will establish cooperation with QC suppliers and leading academic institutions in the field;
- Represent Bayer within the international QC community and coordinate grant submissions, interactions with the leading QC researchers, professors and institutions in US, Europe and Asia;
- Serve as the key point of contact for internal and external community;
- This position will have access to the world’s 5 most important digital innovation hotspots to leverage know how of large and small technology companies for Bayer;
- Ensure early access to digital innovations and secure competitive advantage for Bayer;
- Filter and evaluate of innovations and their possible fit for Bayer.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors in Computational Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Computational Chemistry or a related field and 12+ years of applicable business experience with a focus on high performance computing or quantum computing; or Masters in Computational Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Computational Chemistry or a related field AND 10+ years of applicable business experience with a focus on high performance computing or quantum computing; or PhD in Computational Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Computational Chemistry or a related field AND 7+ years of applicable business experience with a focus on high performance computing or quantum computing;
- This position requires expertise in one of the following areas: experience in statistics, machine learning, data mining, or operations research;
- Strong understanding of C and Python;
- Successful candidates need to possess a basic understanding of programming languages;
- Position holder needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Financial Acumen;
- Venture Capital experience;
- Ability to program algorithms would be a plus.
Location: San Jose
Reference Code: 142341
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Professional