Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Quality Engineering Co-Op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Quality Engineering Co-Op, are to:
- Work with the Quality and Process Engineering teams on projects to improve product quality and process efficiency within the plant;
- Analyze data and processes in order to help establish process improvements;
- Work with Quality Engineering on new processes by helping to plan and conduct Process Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) and Process Validations;
- Learn and apply the regulatory and quality management aspects required of the medical device industry.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of Bachelor's degree program with a focus in Engineering or a relevant Applied Science discipline;
- Be returning to school at the end of the co-op assignment to complete degree
- Able to commit to a 6-month (Jan. – June or June – Dec.) assignment;
- Strong attention to detail, goal seeker and demonstrated work ethic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Demonstrated ability to follow rigorous training guidelines;
- Proven ability to work within a collaborative team environment and openly communicate ideas, needs, and questions.
- Able to commit to a 6-month ( Jan. – June) assignment;
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting;
- Industrial Engineering major;
- Root cause analysis experience;
- Demonstrated process improvement skills through coursework and/or extracurricular activities;
- Understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the basics of implementation;
- Good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 451206
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Student