Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Project (Portfolio) Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project (Portfolio) Manager, are to:
- Support, effectively, strategy planning and management of cross functional projects through efficient project management;
- Develop and manage project plan in alignment with stage-gate criteria and research targets with focus on key deliverables, timelines, and milestones;
- Balance and appropriately prioritize work requests to ensure congruence with overall portfolio and organization priorities;
- Organize project with clear roles and responsibilities;
- Own project scorecard and proactively manage project risk and develop mitigation activities and contingency plans as needed;
- Be accountable for the project and establish clear deliverables and realistic expectations for members of the project core team;
- Contribute, actively, to cross functional projects;
- Coordinate with functional and platform leaders to ensure appropriate project core team composition;
- Partner with functional leaders to identify emerging opportunities to identify projects and accelerate project development and execution;
- Ensure appropriate documentation of project results and storage, including lessons learned after each project phase and handover of project;
- Create and align project go/ no go recommendations with team and stakeholders to present to governance bodies;
- Propose termination of project if needed;
- The location for this role is Woodland, CA. Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for qualified candidates;
- Visa sponsorship may be offered for qualified candidates.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree with at least eight years of relevant experience; or
- Ph.D. with at least four years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience leading projects or programs within research and development (R&D) or similar leadership experiences;
- Experience interfacing with global organization or international experience;
- Ability to translate strategic goals into clear project priorities;
- Ability to manage stakeholders across Vegetable R&D organization;
- Ability to manage Cross Regional teams;
- Ability to influence and lead in a matrix organization;
- Persistence, assertiveness, execution orientation, and strong leadership;
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity with excellent communication skills.
- Scientific background in Biology or related field.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 277301
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional