Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Project Manager Pharma & CH
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Manager Pharma Consumer Health, are to:
- Maintain a close working relationship with Pharma Engineering (e.g. Venture management) to define, plan, budget and execute required capital projects;
- Support as needed to develop business case, project objectives and preliminary planning which includes direct technical and economic input for funding preparation;
- Manage the implementation of capital projects which includes concept development, establishment of Project team, basic engineering, process transfer and optimization, technical and economic evaluation of alternatives, scope definition and control, estimating, scheduling, development of Appropriation Request, cost and schedule compliance, detailed engineering and design, compliance with engineering, safety and environmental standards and procedures, permit applications, compliance with cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), procurement of goods and services, commissioning, qualification and validation;
- Identify requirements and secure the necessary engineering discipline, engineering services, procurement and construction support to execute the capital plans and/or the assigned projects;
- Supervise the activities of project engineers and discipline personnel assigned to the projects;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the many support groups within the Corporation in order to obtain timely input of their requirements into the capital projects and their assistance in project execution, these Departments or groups include Operations, Quality, HSE (Health, Safety and Environment), Process and Plant Safety, Site Engineering and Maintenance (Process, Mechanical and PCS), Plant Administration and Planning, Purchasing, Accounting, R&D and Law Departments as well as Regulatory Affairs Departments, if applicable;
- Be a focal point between Project Team and Steering Committee on project issues and decisions;
- Maintain a liaison relationship with Bayer AG colleagues during process technology transfers, technology selections and during other appropriate project execution phases;
- Provide management with updated analysis and projections on the status of capital projects focusing on management of change, schedule compliance, cost control and major project highlights;
- Prepare and execute Capital Projects in accordance with department vision, mission, commitment and goals including challenging the status quo, focus on customers, partnering across boundaries and communicating with integrity which includes establishing a plan for procurement, construction, qualification and validation approach, selection process for potential vendors and contractors and risk mitigation plans.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering and at least nine years of experience in Engineering or Engineering related fields OR M.S. with at least eight of experience OR Ph.D. with at least five years of experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience and in-depth knowledge in the execution of Capital Projects;
- Knowledge of Pharma or Consumer Health process technology, project engineering management principles and practices as well as Pharma related regulations;
- Professional registration and/or certifications as appropriate;
- In-depth knowledge of project engineering management principles and practices;
- Managerial abilities to supervise and lead a large group of technical people on a multi- disciplined team for major capital project(s);
- Experience in all phases of a project from conceptual planning and design through qualification/validation and regulatory licensing;
- Significant experience directly related to the principles and procedures (both in-house and outsourcing methods) of process/project engineering and experience in controlling and integrating the activities associated with design/construction projects;
- Understanding of general business principles and procedures is beneficial in the handling of cost-related aspects of project management;
- Evaluation of proposals from various levels of people and groups (both within and outside the company), is frequent and requires good communicative skills and the ability to influence and direct others toward common objectives;
- Good communication skills and computer literacy;
- Willingness to execute projects at remote locations with 60% or more travel;
- General understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and responsibilities.
- Experience with cell and gene therapy;
- Experience with biological development laboratories;
- Chemical / Bio/ Process Engineering or equivalent PMP Certification;
- Professional engineer certification;
- Secondary language (Spanish, Portuguese, German).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 247161
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional