Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Project Engineer Pharma & CH
The incumbent supports scope definition (with evaluation of alternatives) of projects for the various strategic partners, in a professional, cost and time efficient manner. Selected candidate writes and executes project proposals and communicates project results to the strategic partners. Where needed, execute as project manager for project <5 million USD he/she may also initiate and participate in optimization/improvement opportunities in their area of responsibility. In addition, this position leads the planning and organization of specific job assignments.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Engineer, are to:
- Be responsible for support regional capital investment projects in the Americas Region;
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams in support of small capital project execution through all phases (conception, design, equipment fabrication, FAT (factory acceptance testing), commissioning and qualification, process development and final process demonstration) to ensure completion of project deliverables on schedule and within budget constraints;
- Provide engineering and technology expertise during project execution;
- Ensure compliance with industry and Bayer engineering standards and cGMPs (if/where applicable);
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of Bayer Group-and subgroup best practices related to his/her discipline and implement them in the project;
- Detail engineering for one specific discipline or technical work-package from design to hand-over;
- Design and calculate specification of all related engineering documents;
- Support scope definition (with evaluation of alternatives) of projects for the various strategic partners, in a professional, cost and time efficient manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with at least six years of experience OR Master of science in Engineering with at least four years of experience OR Ph.D. in Engineering with at least two years of experience (All experience within relevant applicable industry);
- Professional registration and/or certifications as appropriate;
- Knowledge of engineering standards as they relate to GMP environments;
- Good English language skills, written and oral;
- Good Analytical and problem solving (decision making) skills;
- Collaborative team player capable of working well with people across all levels:
- Good organizational and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills such as communication, listening, verbal and assertiveness;
- Result driven;
- Ability to work in different geographic locations;
- Willingness to execute projects at remote locations with 20-50% travel;
- General understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and responsibilities.
- Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent;
- Secondary language (Spanish, Portuguese, German).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 168023
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional