Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Project Controls Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Controls Engineer, are to:
- Participate as a project team member for large complexity capital projects and/or serve as a discipline lead for medium complexity projects;
- Be responsible and help lead producing timely and accurate project cost estimates, forecasts, schedules and close out documentation per the engineering execution process;
- Develop project capital, expense cost and forecasts, expenditure curves and execution schedule;
- Develop and help lead project engineer/manager and team in updating and controlling project costs and schedule to accurately depict project status and schedule trends throughout the project lifecycle;
- Help lead development, maintenance and improvement of Bayer's estimating and scheduling practices and tools;
- Provide presentation and communication of project related tasks to peers, project manager, group leadership and senior engineering leadership for overall coordination;
- Contribute to the successful delivery of capital projects that are on time, within budget and meet the predetermined business requirements;
- Develop alternative solutions to problems and handle complex problems independently;
- Communicate cost and schedule status along with risk to a broad range of stakeholders including project teams, site operations, group leadership and senior leadership.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction, Engineering or comparable Agricultural Technology degree;
- At least seven years of experience;
- Good Analytical and problem solving (decision making) skills.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 173647
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional