Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Production Technician Trainee GT
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Production Technician Trainee, are to:
- Be responsible for the safe operation of chemical processing equipment;
- Read and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Stage raw and finished materials;
- Take required samples during production process;
- Decontaminate equipment and piping for maintenance or disposal;
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment Matrix;
- Maintain inventories of disposable, production, and safety related materials;
- Recognize material compatibilities;
- Conduct charging and filling operations;
- Maintain plant Hazard Communication labeling program;
- Perform general housekeeping duties throughout the plant area;
- Assist in product changeover activities;
- Be responsible for plant/unit operations and safety equipment;
- Recognize and operate basic process elements;
- Manage RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks;
- Handle waste and other contaminated trash per SOP;
- Be responsible for labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, containers, and tanks;
- Operate forklifts;
- Operate shuttle wagon and radio communication during rail movement operations.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Hight School diploma or equivalent with at least that level in reading comprehension, writing, and math;
- At least one year of manufacturing operations or similar experience and/or transferable Military experience;
- Use computer control/display screens, process pumps and equipment, various hand tools, fork trucks, full-face respirator, self-contained breathing apparatus, and level A suits;
- Willingness to climb with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and fall protection equipment;
- Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs.;
- Be able to work a rotating shift, including required overtime hours and weekends to support the business needs.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 480129
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter