Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Production Lead, are to:
- Provide leadership and direction in establishing and maintaining a site culture dedicated to the highest level of Health Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality performance;
- Establish and maintain systems that ensure adherence to applicable regulatory rules and regulations, including EPA, OSHA, and Worker Protection Safety programs;
- Oversee processes related to HSE, Quality and compliance in cooperation with seed production management and other stakeholders including but not limited to North America Row Crops Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC), Regulatory and North America (NA) HSE functions;
- Participate on or sponsor working networks associated with areas of responsibility and assure goals, programs and best practices align with these networks;
- Identify, share and implement best practices and continuous improvement across NA sites;
- Use data and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to drive operational improvements and strategic decisions;
- Report site program performance within the site and to business leaders and stakeholders;
- Enable training, documentation, and monitoring capabilities of applicable programs;
- Develop actively team members using the 70/20/10 approach and with emphasis on attracting and maintaining diverse talent;
- Drive team accountability and ownership of respective areas through delegation of responsibilities and empowerment;
- Support the site’s initiatives to cultivate trust in the community.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least five years of management experience in a manufacturing, supply chain, technology or related function (ESH, OM, Quality);
- Proven track record of program development and implementation to gain results;
- Ability to clearly present information and influence others through verbal or and written communications;
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment.
- Experience with agriculture, seed manufacturing, safety, quality, or related area;
- Demonstrated ability to lead people or teams through change;
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Farmer City
Reference Code: 422941
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional