Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Product Manager - Consumer Health R&D Development Center Labs
The Product Manager – is responsible for setting the direction to digitally transform the 4 Consumer Health R&D Development Centers with connected processes, data and technologies. This person will have functional and technical domain acumen with organizational credibility to influence digital strategy and drive execution.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Product Manager R&D Development Center Labs, are to:
- Design, develop and operate (full stack & end to end accountability) a digital vision, roadmap and product portfolio for the R&D Development Centers/Laboratories in Consumer Health; in line with the Division’s quality plan;
- Define the application of digital technologies to improve the discovery and development of new products (Product Innovation) that will drive speed of launch and improve the quality of launch success, while ensuring improvement of compliance and operational efficiency in the development center operations;
- Understand the functional and technical scope to digitize the development centers, leverage digital technologies such as automation, in silico, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, analytics and cloud, in combination with a fundamental redesign of the scientific user experience;
- Work closely with the R&D and RMSC Digital Lead to influence digital investment decisions. Ensure all investment requests have considered business value, usability, viability, and feasibility;
- Accountable for driving and implementing Development Center Data and Information Technology programs. Leading a team of remote, globally distributed members delivering complex informatics projects.
- Build trust to accelerate digital transformation with senior and upper management stakeholders through the successful delivery of digital capabilities to achieve key business outcomes;
- Ensure digital products accelerate data science and the Consumer Health strategy by producing data and consuming data assets where applicable;
- Using both an internal and external network (e.g., other companies, software providers), understand cutting-edge technologies and drive innovation for respective areas of responsibility. Work directly with vendors/partners to understand digital product capabilities, roadmap, and lifecycles.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, IT, computer science, business or a related field; or equivalent experience and 8 years of experience designing, developing, delivering or leading software solutions (ideally in an agile environment supporting the life cycle of software products (development, testing, launch, training support) in a complex and/or global environment; OR 12 years of experience, as described above, with no formal degree;
- Strong communication, collaboration skills;
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals with a focus value realization in an innovative and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve solution strategy based on research, data and industry trends;
- Ability to define, effectively communicate and measure the business value of proposals and deliverables;
- Ability to think strategically about technology and execute as necessary;
- Exposure in the R&D function;
- Knowledge of industry best practices in one of the following areas Lab Informatics and/or Quality Management System;
- Experience working in regulated environments.
- Experience with any of the following: LabWare, LabVantage, SQL*LIMS, SampleManager, StarLIMS, Dotmatics, SmartLab, Waters, Nugenesis, Empower, Pipeline Pilot, Chromatography Data Systems, Electronic Lab Notebook, Laboratory Information Management System, CDS, ELN, LIMS.
This position can be based out of the Whippany or Morristown, NJ locations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
|Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.|
|Location:||United States : New Jersey : Whippany|