Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer, are to:
- Make tactical decisions and sets direction to achieve area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Develop and track key performance indicators;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interface with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Propose designs and executes plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Compile, format and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Promote continued development of self and area personnel through peer coaching and providing constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, One PSS.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with four years of experience, or Master of Science with two years of experience in engineering experience in a plant operation function.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Idaho : Soda Springs|