Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
PRO Regional Manager Packaging NA CH
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, PRO Regional Manager Packaging NA CH, are to:
- Contribute to development of global category strategy and implement categories strategies and initiatives for his/her materials and services, ensuring alignment, compliance with Procurement guideline, as well as other internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance in his/her region;
- Understand business needs and engage with regional and local stakeholders to meet their priorities and requirements and therefore, build effective, trustful, personal and virtual relationships with key regional/country stakeholders;
- Manage supply agreements and contracts;
- Monitor and control contractual agreements and clauses over entire lifecycle and minimize exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function;
- Provide country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions;
- Conduct continuously detailed supplier and supply market analysis at country level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and technology;
- Manage supplier relationships and implement supplier management principles in supply base, build relationships and improve supplier performance;
- Incorporate company’s responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier relationships and ensure compliance through reports, audits and improvement plans;
- Collaborate with external partners to conduct sourcing event such as spend reduction, supply security and / or time-to-market;
- Prepare supplier negotiations, award suppliers and conduct post negotiation debriefs;
- Translate results of sourcing strategies, initiatives and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Business Management or Business relevant field with at least 10 years of relevant work experience with increasing responsibility;
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills combined with strong collaboration, influencing and communication competencies;
- Solid background and expertise in Procurement, procurement processes and methodologies (strategic sourcing and supplier management);
- Regional and local market insights and category expertise;
- Change management and project management;
- Financial acumen;
- Analytical decision making;
- Result orientation;
- Fully enforces procurement mandate to stakeholders;
- Fluent in English.
- Master’s degree with at least seven years of work relevant experience;
- Fluent Spanish.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 448926
Functional Area: Procurement
Entry Level : Professional