Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Functional Safety Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Functional Safety Engineer are to:
- Champion the Kansas City site Functional Safety program as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) ensuring compliance with IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 as well as site, regional and global Bayer requirements;
- Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and optimization of the site’s Functional Safety Management System (i.e.Lifecycle);
- Perform SIS calculations;
- Create and maintain proof test;
- Develop Safety Requirement Specification (SRS) documents;
- Qualify appropriate equipment and instrumentation;
- Optimize execution of testing through digital initiatives;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multi-disciplinary groups such as Site Leaders, Regional Functional Safety team, Site HSE and technical personnel to establish the appropriate measures to reduce risks, comply with safety and health regulations, and to realize corporate and regulatory objectives;
- Serve as the site Functional Safety Compliance Officer;
- Develop and ensures documentation is created, followed and audited including Safety Risk Specifications (SRS), SIS calculations, proof test procedures, and prior use qualification;
- Act as a change agent to effectively identify, communicate, and further evolve continuous improvement efforts;
- Be a team member participating in various process safety and hazard assessments;
- Develop and deliver training for plant employees to comply with external and internal regulations when needed;
- Foster experience exchange and promotes knowledge transfer with other site and regional Process and Process Control System Engineers;
- Support the analysis and resolution of minor upsets and events related to process safety issues.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Technical Field, with at least eight years of related experience or Master of Science with at least six years of related experience;
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence others through oral or written means;
- Ability to work with minimal direction by leveraging organization, communication and project management skills;
- Experience in leading and participating in cross functional teams;
- Working knowledge of functional safety regulations such as IEC.
- Certified Functional Safety Application Expert (CFSAE) in IEC 61511 or ISA 84;
- Five plus years’ experience as a Process Control Systems Engineer or Technician;
- Working knowledge of IEC 61511 compliance software such as exSILentia, Meridium, etc.;
- Experience advising, collaborating with or providing direction to various levels of the organization.
The position will be located at the Kansas City, Missouri facility and eligible for relocation benefits.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||652481|
|Functional Area:||Engineering & Technology||Location:||United States : Missouri : Kansas City|
|Employment Type:||Regular||Position Grade:||VS 1.2|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #firstname.lastname@example.org|