Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Estimator, are to:
- Create project estimates during all phases of capital projects ranging in values from 5M EUR to about 20M EUR or contributes to project estimates on larger projects;
- Work with project managers and engineers both upstream and downstream of front-end loading design to create meaningful scope decomposition to facilitate accurate estimates;
- Maintain knowledge bases and other data bases of historic project information from project analysis and evaluation, both detailed rate information as well as aggregated benchmarks;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of tools and methods, in order to optimize accuracy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or other Project Management-related fields with at least six years of experience in Project Controlling or Estimating or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant field with at least four years of experience in Project Controlling or Estimating or Master's degree in Engineering or other Project Management-related fields with at least two years of experience in Project Controlling or Estimating;
- Expert knowledge of cost estimation;
- Field experience for capital projects;
- Advanced knowledge of databases;
- Willingness to travel to Bayer sites and contractor offices in North and Latin America 10-25% of the time dependent on project needs and location;
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders to resolve conflicts in a constructive spirit and to communicate requirements and results to project contributors effectively.
- AACE and/or PMI certification;
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills and experience in Latin American markets;
- Expert knowledge of cost estimation using Cleopatra estimating software.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 424784
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional