Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Engineering Process Control and Operations Technology
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Engineering Process Control and OT Tech, are to:
- Define and own the Industrial Automation blueprint for formulation and packing Sites as per ISA95 (Controller, Historian, Manufacturing Execution System, Process Data Integration, interfacing automation level systems to enterprise systems);
- Define and implement operating models to run and maintain PLC, SCADA, OT Networks in a global environment, leveraging site talents and global service providers at the same time;
- Be accountable for life cycle concept on our installed base of legacy PLC, responsible for obsolescence management of our PCT and OT;
- Lead the effort of the CH division to develop, deliver and operate our manufacturing assets and infrastructure to best in class reliability and productivity at affordable costs, in collaboration with the Site Engineering, and Site Manufacturing Systems organization;
- Align with business, what is feasible at which costs and by when;
- Own PCT and OT aspects of our investment projects globally from project approval and preparation for execution;
- Be accountable for project objectives and scope as well as CAPEX targets in PCT and OT.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Degree in Engineering and / or Science with at least 10 years of job experience, thereof at least two years of experience abroad;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflicts;
- Full comprehension of business case and project experience (e.g. major investment project);
- Challenging attitude, result-oriented;
- Comfort around higher management;
- Customer focus;
- Excellent social and communication skills (including presentation);
- Fluent in English.
- Manufacturing and Engineering experience including BHC or SAG Operations projects;
- Second language.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.